Sunday, February 26, 2012

February List

A Road Map Through Grief

I was reading on the Cattle Today forum this week about the loss of a fellow cattleman.  His forum name was Northern Rancher.  I have read his post over the past few years, I didn’t know him personally but had enjoyed his insights into the cattle business.  It didn’t take long chatting with him to know he loved his family and was very proud of them.  It was also clear that he knew and loved his cattle.  I know his family is overwhelmed with grief, they were on my heart when I came across this list:

1.    Pace Yourself

2.    Lean into the pain.

3.    Get ready for a second wave of grief.

4.    Trust the recovery process.

5.    Welcome help from those who love you.

6.    Protect your physical health.

7.    Refuse to live with regrets.

8.    Avoid major changes

9.    Look beyond people’s words.

10.                       Let your grief benefit others

I pray that God will bring the family peace during this very difficult time.


No comments:

Post a Comment